Thursday, July 27, 2006

I am seriously slacking with this whole working out thing. I'm not going to bitch and moan about how I'm an old man and all that, but there is a noticeable difference between the 25 year old Rashad and the 31 going on 32 year old Rashad (please excuse the third person). The 25 year old Rashad could sit on his ass for three months, and then step out on the basketball court for a week straight, and feel invincible. Minimal soreness, maximum quickness, and the feeling that 3 or 4 weeks of this, and the Wizards could sign me up to run point. The 31 year old Rashad sits on his ass for a week, and immediately he feels like Sherman Klump. Any basketball that happens is strictly half court, and the aforementioned quickness on defense, is now replaced with clutching, grabbing, and repeated fouling. And the soreness lasts for at least a week. I feel it when I sit, stand, walk, when I get in someone's ride(well maybe not the ride), and even when I attempt to get some lovin'. I had a good month stretch when I was getting up and running every morning, playing tennis, and just staying in shape. But my partner is no longer around, so the motivation isn't as consistent. When I had a partner, working out was a competitive thing..she was in shape, and my ego would say, there is no way she is going to be in better shape than me. Now she's gone and knee deep in grad school The least she could have done is referred me to another athletic friend or something. The sad part is I'm only 10 lbs heavier than I was at 25. I definitely don't have low self esteem over this bullshit, but it is on my mind.

I'd also like to say that these low rise jeans that woman wear are just absolutely spectacular. On any give day I can see a tattoo just above the ass, a well placed thong, nice drawers, and if I'm lucky I can see about 40% of the ass. Great, great invention.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

see..u're a mess 10lbs...im about 15 heavier than I was at 25..but I love my adult body..i just need to tone...but I have to be honest I haven't been feeling the gym lately.. :( I hate low rise jeans I have a long back..so all u see is back...ah well...

Anonymous said...

Dude ...that's why you need to hoop with cats thats in their 40's. They'll think they did something by keeping up with you, and you'll still look like Antonio Daniels (never mind, but he is the backup with the Wizards). If I remember correctly ... your game was a cross between Exree Hipp and World B. Free. Hell mine was a mix of Vinnie "Microwave" Johnson and Ben Wallace - see why I hoop with old cats

Anonymous said...

Rashad you have made it publicly known man... you are a pervert...lol. :Kiss:

Anonymous said...

You've now made my daily reading list.