Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm going to be cranky today, I can feel it coming in the air this morning. I'm operating on about 3 hrs of sleep, the AC and the fan were cranking this morning, so it was hard for me to get out of bed, this just feels like more than a bad case of the Mondays.

I went to a cookout on Saturday afternoon, and I can definitely say that this was the most fun I've had at a cookout in quite sometime. I was more than nervous when I arrived, since I knew absolutely no one except the friend that I was with, but everyone there did a great job of making me feel at home. I immediately grabbed a beer, and sat at the table with the old black men. These dudes touched on every subject imaginable. They talked about Kwesi Mfume, they talked about Cal Ripken and Peter Angelos, how James Brown was gay, how Bill Russell was better than Michael Jordan, and they even argued about the best golf courses in MD. I added in my two cents every now and then, but for the most part I enjoyed being a spectator. These are types of convos I'd like have when I get 60+, and I retire. Anyway, the food was good, my friend treated me well, and I was having such a good time that I blew off a game party I was supposed to attend, as well as a concert I wanted to go to..this was definitely good times.

My new friend and I continue to progress slowly..surely like the Jill Scott song. I want to type more about this situation, but again, I have bad luck, and I can't afford to jinx myself. It's like talking to a pitcher in the middle of a no-hitter..nobody wants to even look in the pitchers direction out of fear that he may be thrown off a bit. The same premise applys here.

I would highly recommend that everyone watch Tiger Woods in a golf tournament at least once. Much like MJ in his prime, we are watching greatness in progress. Tiger won yesterday without really trying too much on the back nine holes. The last time I wrote about Tiger in this blog it had more to do with his father, than it did his playing prowess. Yesterday, it was all about a high level of skill being put on display. Even a non-golf fan could appreciate this..or perhaps I"m biased.

I have more I could write, but frankly I'm not up to it right this second. Perhaps this will be a multiple entry day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're always cranky