Friday, November 03, 2006

As of 7:52am when I am writing this blog entry, I still have not received official word that my nephew is in this world. I spoke to my brother last night, and he said that they were still waiting. My friend asked me to ask him specific questions regarding his wife being dilated and all that, but I am simply not equipped to get into that level of minutiae. I'm a bottom-line type of fellow, and the bottom line is that Nazir has yet to officially arrive. The good news is he sounded in real good spirits.

Ok, now this next point is going to sound real petty, and I am so sorry about it. But yesterday at my job, I had the opportunity to work closely with the other black guy who works on my floor. He's been a few months, and I generally ignore him, because he's the kind of guy who goes to lunch with all the female co-workers, and flirts, listens to gossip, etc. I can't clap my hands to that type of behavior, so we were on strictly head nod status. Yesterday, we were working on a project together, and we talked about sports, women, etc. It wasn't a bad conversation. But I did notice last night before I left, he gave me dap(a soul handshake), and said he'd see me tomorrow. Then when I got into work this morning, he said that he had some ladyfriends hanging with him tonight, and he wanted me to hang with him, because he couldn't handle them himself. It looks like someone is trying to be my friend, and I ain't having it. As I have alluded to in this here blog on many an occasion, I am all filled up in the male friend dept. I have no desire to break in someone new..I have jokes I like to tell with my boys, and just an overall familiarity, that I won't have with this new dude. We'll have to keep all of our pleasantries at work during business hours. Again, this seems petty, but no man wants the obligation of hanging with a new dude, or breaking in a new man into the crew.

As I am typing this, my brother let me know that Nazir Vonell Mobley was born at 11:30pm last night. I am officially an uncle. Oh, and Vonell was my late grandfather's(my father's father) first name. Good times indeed. My baby brother is now a father.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Being an uncle will be great. But I know you don't want a new friend but seemed as if he was saying "Dog let's split up this pussy." I mean that's not a bad thing at all.

Jo said...

Congrats to you and your brother on the birth of Nazir - nice name . . .now you can celebrate tonight for real! As for the work friend . . .Rashad, you are just funny like that . . . you don't seem to understand workplace etiquette. You don't have to make him your new best friend just because you hang out with him. But dang, when you spend the majority of your day at work, it might as well be with people you have something in common with rather than strangers. It never hurts to co-mingle ... there's nothing wrong with that - you certainly can be a snob at times. Oh well, such is life.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the latest Mobley...