Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I know I have probably played the dream card here in this blog space more than enough, but believe me I don't write about all of the dreams that I have, just the interesting ones. And this morning around 6am, I had a very interesting dream. I dreamed that I was living in a small town, and I was training for a boxing match with Jermain Taylor. I remember going to a cookout in my honor, and everyone was giving me strategy on how I should tackle my opponent. My father was in the dream giving in depth strategies on how to stay mentally strong, and avoid getting hit. A friend of a friend who I can't stand in real life was also in the dream, making dessert for me which was absolutely weird. And at one point, I was in the barber shop, and Jermain Taylor himself came by to wish me luck. I remember thinking to myself at one point in the dream, I'm going to get my ass kicked, but apparently that wasn't stopping me from training or preparing for the fight. Of course my alarm woke me up before the fight actually happened, but I can honestly say I was a bit nervous about having to actually step in the ring. What's the real life parallel? My son's mother will be served court papers any day now, and that will officially begin "the fight". And yes I'm nervous. And that's all I'll say about that for now.

There are countless office parties this week, and the first one is today from 3-5 pm. It is a department wide holiday party, and on Thursday, there is a floor wide one. I am skipping today's holiday party for sure, and I'm sure I'll catch some flack for it, but I'll just have to take that. Nothing of substance goes on at this parties..people stand around and do absolutely nothing, except pat each other on the back, and try to conduct semi-witty conversations while stuffing their faces with desserts. Somehow I can do without..Now Thursday's holiday party I absolutely have to attend, and that one is going to be even worse. All of the people I directly work with will be there, and that one is from 12-3pm. Gifts will be exchanged, holiday cheer will be spread, and I will try my absolute hardest to set aside my cynicism in the name of all that is Christmas. For the gift exchange, I will be taking this game that my ex gave me last year for xmas. I never opened the damn gift, because I couldn't interest anyone in playing a sports board game against me, because they knew I would spank that ass. I've tried to give that game away to no avail, so finally my opportunity has arrived. That is contribution to the holiday party..and no I'm not Scrooge, I just don't like partying with people I work with..not at all.

Kiss from a Rose by Seal. What makes this song so interesting? It's one of the few hits(on the radio at least) that was ever done in 3/4 time (this is where those years of taking music comes in). Most songs are done in 4/4, which means you can count 1234, and then beat changes. Kiss from a rose was done in 3/4, which you can count 123, and then it changes, and because it sounds a bit unconventional(for the radio at least) I found it interesting that it became a hit. Just a portion of the useless knowledge I possess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

put your dukes up Rashad....
that dream was awesome you are most certainly being prepared for it! If you ever get down about it go back to that dream....

I cant believe you're giving away a gift the ex brought you...

**smh** negro

Jo said...

Dang Rashad - you don't like partying with the folks you work with . . .Whew! Glad I don't work with you anymore. As for the dream . . .apparently you seem to think you won't win this case, but you are still going ahead with it and you have everyone's support. So that is a REALLY good thing. Even though your subconscious thinks you will get your butt kicked in the process, I am certain things will work out. It seems as if everything is working in your favor . . .the person you dislike is making you a cake. See, even those who would never root for you seem to be on your side with this one. So rest assured that it's a good thing.

And as for the regifting - that's a great way to gt rid of unwanted items . . .I mean sports - come on . . . I sure wouldn't play with you! ;o) If it was something like Uno or Taboo I might be mad at ya, but sports, NO WAY! - jo