Thursday, April 05, 2007

I don't watch much television that isn't related to sports, but one of the shows I enjoy is Curb Your Enthusiasm.. The show was created, and is mainly about Larry David, who was the co-creator of Seinfeld. For most of the show, he goes in and out of trouble because of his big mouth, his inability to let things go, and his obsessive compulsive nature. I also like the show, because it gives me the opportunity to hear and look at Wanda Sykes every now and then. Why do I bring this show up? Because at times, unintentionally so, I think I act like him, and when I step back and examine it, its kind of annoying. Like this morning, while I'm trying to exit the train, this gentleman was standing in the door listening to his music. So everyone had to leave and enter the train from the side he wasn't on. Everyone else just breathed heavily and muttered under their breath, but I could NOT let that type of behavior slide, so I looked at him as I walked by and said, "You're just going to stand there and block the doorway huh?". He looked at me and said, "Mind your f*%*^g business". I didn't have an intelligent retort, and my hand isn't healed enough for me to be falling ass backwards into a fight, so I let it go. But as I walked away, I said to myself, why couldn't I keep my mouth shut. Why? Because i'm always seeking the upper hand. I don't know how to rid myself of that behavior. Perhaps I should bring that up in counseling..

I have a friend, who while in college, caught his friend masturbating in the middle of the floor. He went to reclaim his iron, noticed his friend's door wasn't all the way closed, so he knocked, then entered, only to find his boy in the middle of the floor with a shirt and no pants on, going for his solo style. My friend simply got what he needed, and left the room, and not another word was uttered about this. Even 11 years later, they still have not spoken about such an event. This is yet another addendum of man law..as much as men like to clown one another, there are still a few things that are sacred, and that is one of them. For one, if you catch someone doing that, you pretty much own then in public. You all can be out, and they can be talking about something you did, and then you can shoot them that look that says, "Are we forgetting something?", and then it shuts down that person instantly, all through non-verbal communication. So, my question is, if a woman accidentally catches another woman pleasuring herself, do the same rules apply? I'm quite sure the knee-jerk reply here will be, "Oh its not big deal, that's a man-thing", but I don't know about all that. Masturbation is some real personal stuff, and to be caught in the act could potentially be devastating man.

If I hear the question, "Are you ready for Easter?" one more time...how does one get ready for Easter? Do I buy a powder blue suit? Do I get my Jesus buttons and pins? Do I make a basketball out of the Palm I received on Palm Sunday? I don't get it. And I'm not at all being cynical about the holiday itself, because I understand the importance. But getting ready for it? Come on now...

Nas is Like - Nas
My favorite Nas song...he rides the beat perfectly in my humble opinion

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"You're just going to stand there and block the doorway huh?".

i'm done! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

youre a larry david for sure. It's a great show and youre funny as hell some times. Great response to the guy on the train, hahaha

Women would make sure the door is locked...

Unknown said...

That is my 2nd favorite show on TV (the Wire being the 1st). Thinking back to our "interaction" on the metro....you are so Larry David.

Jo said...

Well, first of all, you couldn't make a ball out of the palm you got on Sunday, because you didn't get one.

And as for the friend being caught masterbating, this is the second time you mention that story. What's that about?

Miss Black River said...

I am one of those people asking folks about Easter. Aside from the spiritual significance it's just a fun time for children. The kids are just so cute with all their new dresses and suits. Saying speeches and hunting for eggs. At my church they have prepared for the big children's program for well over a month. Easter Rocks - in fact I'm hyped about it every year!!!