Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I am 2 hours late for work, yet I came in here with the swagger of someone who was early. I have successfully shaken the doldrums that had plagued both me and my blog the past couple of days. How did I shake them? One, my living situation has stabilized at least for a couple of weeks so I feel sane again. Two, I have some good friends(one in particular..not to single anyone out but still) and close family who "hold me down" as the kids say. So I feel good this morning. I don't write well at all when I have serious things going on in my life. Yesterday I happened to look at the Maslow's hierarchy of needs, and second line from the bottom focuses on security. Safety, security and stability, and I haven't had any of those in a month, and it does takes it toll. I sat down to write at several different points, and nothing sounded right. But anyway enough of that.

I have some morning observations:

1)If people who ride bikes want to be respected on the roads like regular drivers, they damn sure better start following the traffic lights. I see bikers ride in the middle of the road, hold up traffic, make the cars miss the green lights, and then they just ride through the intersection as if there are no rules. That's ridiculous. This is not an anarchy..

2)I appreciate people checking on me and my mental state and all that jazz. But don't keep asking me questions like, "so what are you going to do?", "where are you going to live?", etc.. I know this is extremely insensitive for me to say, but you have NO idea how annoying that question is to answer after the 23rd time. Especially when I'm trying to figure that shit out myself. Let me breathe a bit please, and then when the master plan is revealed unto me, I shall reveal it unto you..or blog about it.

3)The Today show is a joke. Matt Lauer is a pushover of an interviewer, Meredith isn't very smart, and Ann Curry is a Melwood graduate who is also a terrible interviewer. Al Roker is the only one I like, but he does the faux weather, so he doesn't count. When I watched this morning, I noticed that Tiki Barber was on this morning so maybe they'll go in a different direction. I miss the days of Bryant Gumbel and Katie Couric..those were the days when people hated to come on that show, because they knew they were actually going to be interviewed and not pampered.

4) I have started writing an article on the experience of taking my son and my father to the game. I've been trying to write it since Sun night, but I just haven't been motivated. I am now.

All I Need - Jay-Z

5 comments:

BewRadley said...

glad you got yo swagger back..

GemEnigma said...

Funny thing. I actually made a comment about street-bikers this morning as well. I personally don't abide by the "Share the Road with Cyclists" rules. They need to move out of the damned way....like every one else in my path.

Anonymous said...

You should see the bikers here in atlanta....Just horrible. The Today show is horrible but what else do you expect from NBC....Stick to FOX news.

Jo said...

Who the hell is rodrigo . . .and why does he think you need a personalized shirt.

I can't wait to read the article. Speaking of which, did you give your mom the one you wrote for her?

And dang RM . . .with you, nothing is ever good enough . . . what gives?

Jo said...

PS. Thanks for Maslow's triangle . . .I like that.