Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ok, so the damn article is written. Right after I blogged earlier today that I couldn't find the motivation to write, I opened up Microsoft Word and just typed 4 pages. Then I closed it out, and I just re-opened it and made some final touches to it. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be published and I regain the swagger that has been missing for a couple of weeks. I find myself wondering what I would do if I worked for a major newspaper, and something like a fire derailed me the way I have been derailed. How long would they be understanding? When I would be required to produce an article? And if I stayed gone too long, would they bring in someone to "replace" me. So when I think about all of those things, it motivates me to put out a product regardless of how I feel. So hopefully i'm well on the way now.

And if one person looks at the back of my laptop 3 and 4 times, I think i'm going to put a big ass sign on the top of my laptop. The sign will read, "Survived the Fire of May 19th", and I'll attach the picture of how the apt was damaged. At least that way, they would have a reason to stare and something a bit more visually pleasing to look at, instead of fire damage that currently is showing.

As I am typing this, there is this guy next to me, who is drawing everything in this coffee shop. It is actually quite fascinating, and I am trying not to disrespect him by staring at his unfinished product, but i've never seen anyone draw a picture in presence before..then again, I am VERY protective of my writing when it is in an unfinished state. I have over 40 articles that i've written, but for some reason I have talked myself out of them and NOBODY has ever seen them. And if they got out prematurely, I would be devastated. That being said, I'm still trying to steal glances at the Picasso wanna be next to me.

Take it EZ - Common(the jazz mix)

1 comment:

BewRadley said...

I'll admit i did look at your laptop, like damn..he's been breakdancing on that shh..but then i remember..

and is the article u just did ready for the viewing public? If so i would like to read it