Friday, June 22, 2007

Well, I am just coming back from handing out thank you cards to everyone who gave me money at my place of employment, and it really wasn't all that bad. No one asked questions that were terribly probing, everyone gave me hugs and polite smiles and everyone gave what I like to call the Larry David stare. This is when people look you up and down to see if you're lying or telling the truth. I was telling everyone that I was fine, and that I was working thru this, but I wonder if my face was saying otherwise. This goes back to something i've mentioned here before..i do better in the background and to myself. When I am placed on "display" if you will it is uncomfortable and i hope it didn't show. The bottom line here? the people I work with are VERY friendly and the cards I gave out don't even adequately cover how thankful i am. I just need to get over myself at this point.

So, I need some clarification on something. If two people are having a conversation in public, and it is necessary for me to walk thru them, do I ALWAYS have to say excuse me? Yesterday, I was attempting to purchase some wine, and two gentlemen were blocking my way, so I said excused me and they moved...it just so happened they were blocking the RED wines, so I said excuse me once again, and they apologized and got out of the way. No harm done. 15 minutes later, while trying to leave the store, these two dudes were hovering over the exit as if I was distracting them This time I didn't excuse me at all, and I just walked in between them defiantly, and as soon as I walked by they stopped talking. I looked back, and they were looking at me with disdain. Now I know I can be rude and all that but COME ONNNN.

That's all I have for now..

Dreaming in Metaphors - Seal

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a two time excuse me rule as far as I am concerned. Anything more than that is an exercise in futility.

Anonymous said...

your behavior was acceptable...
enjoy your weekend Rashad

Miss. Lady said...

I say excuse me twice as well. There is only but so many times I am going to say it. At least you did better than the older folks that are in the stores; they don't even bother to say excuse me once, they just yell, "GET THE HELL OUTTA MY WAY DAMMIT!"

Jo said...

RM - shame on you . . . YES, you ALWAYS have to say excuse me . . .even if it is the same two ign'ant people three times in a row. They should have known better, too. But better to say shame on them than shame on you!