Monday, July 30, 2007

Last night as I was trying to pick out something to wear, I came across one of my black suits. This is the black suit that was filled with smoke when I initially walked into my burned apartment, and I immediately "rescued" it and took it to the cleaners. It has been in that plastic since May 25th, when I took it out of the cleaners, and I haven't bothered to wear it at all. Last night, I took it out of that plastic, since I planned on wearing the pants today. When I removed it from the plastic, I could still smell a faint hint of smoke, and I actually smiled a bit, which is odd I know. Part of me misses that smell of smoke, but not because I'm some type of demented freak. When I walked in that apt and smelled smoke, at least I knew that all of my stuff was still there..yes it was burned, but it was still there. The absence of that scent, means my stuff is definitely gone forever. I'm well aware that it was just "stuff", and I know that the time has come for me to replace those things, and I have already started. But sometimes, like last night, I miss my old stuff. The stuff I had collected during my adult and adolescent life, the records, my old sheets, cds, pictures, my tv, cd player etc..I wasn't sad at all, just nostalgic..

My intern finally manned up this morning. I came in late, his music was playing, I turned on mine, and he has yet to back down. Very impressive. Although I must add, I'm slowly turning my music up louder and louder to drown his music out.

Picture Me Rollin' - 2pac

6 comments:

BewRadley said...

showdown...

Miss. Lady said...

Oh Lord! The war of the tunes. Have you suggested that he bring in a pair of ear phones?

Anonymous said...

Good move on the intern.

Janelle said...

Nothing is just stuff. Yeah we can't take it with us but there is a reason why its yours and why you chose it to exist in your space. Mourn the loss and acquire new stuff and attach new memories to it.

I'm going to call your office and talk to your intern. I am dying to know his spin on these daily chronicles. Actually I wish I were there to watch. This shit is better than The Office. hahahahahahahaaaa

Miss Black River said...

Soon as I go outta town for a week and have a break in reading the intern mans up. Good for him!!

Jo said...

Hey you . . . glad you have acknowledged the loss. That's significant. . .yet you seem to be doing really well. I am happy for you!