Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I woke up at 3:45 this morning, and of all the things I could have done at that special hour of the morning, the one thing I chose to focus on was Barry Bonds. This has nothing to do with his homerun chase, or his steroid use, or his big water head, but rather this has everything to do with our date this weekend. You see, either on Friday or Saturday, I plan on going to go see Barry Bonds and the San Francisco Giants take on the tepid, futile Washington Nationals. I politely asked (strongly insisted) that my friend go with me, and I am determined to pick a good seat so he can see me. Now the reason I was up at 3am thinking about this date, is that I need to devise a way for me to meet Barry Bonds. I thought about getting to RFK about 2 hours early to see him take batting practice, and I hope to call out his name in the most masculine way I can. Barry Bonds gets love in the city of San Francisco, but outside of his home stadium, he gets booed and ridiculed. I wouldn't do that to Big Barry..not at all. I would call out to him, shake his hand, let him know that I respect his game as well as standoffish demeanor off the field. I would also say that I appreciated his strong relationships with his late dad. And then I would tell him that if he ever wanted to admit that he did steroids/performance enhancing drugs, would he kindly tell me first, so I can have an exclusive story via my blog. And that would be it. I wouldn't ask for an autograph, I wouldn't ask him to sign my ladyfriend's cleavage, and I wouldn't take any pictures. I'm a sports fan, but I'm not a maniac I'd say it would take about 5 minutes tops, and then I'd send him on his way. So this is what I hoped and prayed for at 3:45am. I have my fingers crossed even as I type this...

Barry Bonds - Kanye West featuring Lil Wayne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be here just to see if I goes down.

£ said...

baseball date? thats so hot and heavy

tell Big B you woke up at 3:45 am thinking about him, i'm sure that'll get him to divulge his secrets to you.

Jo said...

That's the second time you have used the maniac video . . . you must really like it . . .I do, too!