Saturday, September 01, 2007

It was a beautiful night for baseball this evening. The temperatures were about 70 degrees, there was no cloud in the sky, and the beer floweth. My friend and I had a great time at the game. We saw the mascot give some kids autographs, as well as some lesser players. It was amazing to see how important it was to the kids to get any autograph they could, and then smile as they walked back to their seat. Barry didn't sign any damn autographs..in fact, he didn't even stand up for the national anthem. The first time I saw Barry was when he came up to bat in the first inning. He was hitless the entire game, and he endured thousands of people booing him everytime he came up to bat. It was actually quite comical how people were booing him in one instance, and then photographing his every move. Deep down I think everyone there was a Barry fan, but they just hear that they shouldn't like Barry, so they boo. Anyway, we left after the 7th inning when it was clear the Nationals were going to win, and Barry wasn't going to be at bat anymore. I wish I had caught a foul ball at the very least, since we were sitting right off the first base line but it wasn't in the cards for me. This is the equivalent of going to see Michael Jordan in his prime, but he never dunks it..I am disappointed in Barry especially since I hyped the whole experience up in this damn blog.

And now, I am going to spend the rest of the evening enjoy Beck's beer, and switching back and forth between Jerry Maguire and the US Open.

No comments: