Monday, September 17, 2007

Last night I reloaded my ipod with lots of wonderful songs, and this morning I was about six songs deep in the rotation, when a Black Sheep song came on that I didn't initially recognize. I looked down at my ipod, and saw what the song was called, and then I glanced a bit upwards, and I saw that the song I was playing was song 6 of the 666 I had loaded on my device. I literally stopped in the middle of the street, and said, "Are you f**king kidding me?". All that means is that I am blessed and highly favored today right?

Last night, while watching the annual Emmy's-who-died-in-the-past-year segment, I happened to see that my main man Tom Snyder died a couple of months ago and I was deeply saddened. During my senior year of college, Tom Snyder was my middle-of-the-night friend. Whenever I couldn't sleep or I stayed up late, Tom Snyder's show would be on CBS, right after David Letterman, and he would have great guests. The show was an exercise in minimalism: no audience, no loud music, no flair, just Tom and the interviewee..almost like Charlie Rose, except not on PBS. After awhile, I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night to watch him, I would just stay up until his show was over around 1:30am. Since I graduated, I really hadn't heard much about him until last night. Time does indeed fly.

Over the weekend, while logged into my Yahoo IM, I received a random IM message. The message said, "Hi Rashad", and it was from a lady named Kara. I returned her message and said I have no clue who you are. She returned my return message and said she was Kara from some website that i didn't recognize, and I again told he that I didn't know what the hell she was talking about. Then she started running down things about me that she thought she knew(you're from Arizona, we chatted earlier this summer, you're looking for love), and I politely said hell no you got me twisted. She apologized, then she attempted to make small talk with me, and it was at this point that I clicked on her profile, and at first glance she looked like the head detective. Upon further review, I noticed that she just had a big head AND she was in a wheelchair, which kind of took me aback. Not only had I rejected this woman's advances, but I had rejected a handicapped person which increased the amount of guilt of felt about abruptly logging out while she was typing. I wonder if wheelchair bound persons have their own network where they meet each other and have raunchy conversations. I should pull a Chris Hansen and go undercover.

The Barney Miller Show song

5 comments:

BewRadley said...

cancel your match.com profile man...

Anonymous said...

That was strange of her to start a random conversation.

Janelle said...

The fact that you rejected a chick in a wheelchair and you were listening to #6 of 666 on your Ipod are by no means indication that you, my friend are going to hell. LOL

But Ima pray for you just in case!!! LOL

GemEnigma said...

I agree with Janelle....!!!

£ said...

LOL how did i miss this one?

comedy

who knows...she could have everything you ever want in a woman - except for the walking of course