Monday, October 08, 2007

I continue to be socially awkward man, and it can really be frustrating sometimes..not all the time. On Saturday, a friend of mine brought me some items my apartment that I hadn't replaced since the fire. I met up with her outside my apartment, she gave me the items, and then she asked me if she could come in and use the restroom. Now, my friend, and my ladyfriend have now told me in hindsight that I should have just said yes, and took her up to the apt. Instead, my answer was hold on, let me check and see if my ladyfriend's decent, which apparently was the wrong answer, because I sensed my friend was not pleased, and she left shortly thereafter. Of course after she was gone, I realized that I had my phone, and all I had to do was call my ladyfriend, as opposed to running in the apartment to see if she was decent. But as usual I botched a situation, and my friend went from giving me apt. items to probably wanting to reclaim them. It was truly a Larry David moment. But in my defense, I am not a mean person, just a bit slow at certain times.

Also on Saturday, I went to Hooters for the second time in my life, and I really don't see the big deal. If I wanted to see half naked/naked women, I'd go to a strip club or my "movie" collection. But trying to sit in Hooters, watch 4 different sporting events, and catch glances at the women really is sensory overload for me. Plus, the fact that I cannot be in control of the remote REALLY bothered me. For example, yesterday, I was able to watch the baseball game, the football games, and a preseason basketball game, all because I had complete control of the remote. In Hooters, I would have had to ask the manager, and invariably someone would be pissed. Who needs that drama? I could have my lady walk around in skimpy clothing, have autonomy over the remote, and be just as happy you know?

I think my dad and I are going to see my son play football this weekend, provided my son's mother doesn't get maniacal on me. The challenge with that trip? How do I devise an IPOD playlist for both my dad and I without going to sleep? My dad likes jazz and Motown, both of which I listen to, but not on a damn 3 hour road trip. I can't play all of my music, because he's not a fan of rap..and I don't even listen to rap that is terribly offensive. This will be a tremendous challenge...

Heatwave - Star Of A Story

4 comments:

BewRadley said...

crazy..but seriously i think u relish in your awkwardness...stop being so weird.

Janelle said...

My friend you handled that all wrong. And I know if I ever come to visit to use the facilities before arriving at your house. hahahahahahahah

play the roots on the road with your Dad. That's a decent compromise. I think.

Anonymous said...

I'm really try to understand what the problem was. I can't imagine why it would her bother her because it's not like you said, NO!!!

it's like saying, "hang on a second "

I think really,your reaction was not knowing how to handle a situation when there are two women involved...

Unknown said...

Play some 80's R&B.

p.s. stop being awkward