Tuesday, November 06, 2007

There is something going on between my blog, and my work computer, and frankly it has me highly perturbed. For some reason, I cannot spell check, and attach links on here like I usually do, and so it forces me to just write without flair. I rely on flair to help hammer home my various points, and I rely on the music I link on the bottom of entry, to show off my little music collection and to convey how I am feeling on any given day. Without these toys, I feel like Tom Brady without Randy Moss, or Bush without Cheney and Condi Rice, or Sonny without Cher, or like Iraq without oil. I just feel plain naked, and I am going to have either a)start blogging before or after work or b)continue to write without flair or music. This is very disheartening, and I can't exactly go to the IT folks here and ask them what is it up, because they will say, "Why the hell are you blogging anyway?". Perhaps I need to get in good with one of them, and then ask them on the sly. I must ponder and pray on this.

Not to get all inside baseball this morning, but it looks as if Steve McNair(if I could use my links, I'd show you who he was) of the Baltimore Ravens is done as a quarterback, and its sad for me. I remember being a senior in high school, and watching McNair and his Alcorn State squad play the Hampton Pirates on BET. I was already headed to Hampton, so I was really watching to see my future college, but instead, I was treated to an incredible performance by Steve McNair. He could run, he could throw, he could throw on the run, and most importantly he was winning. He went on to finish in the top 5 of the Heisman trophy award that year, and then after sitting on the bench for 2 years in the NFL, once he got his shot, he was just as successful at the highest level. The highest point of his career, is when he led the Tennessee Titans to the Super Bowl, and he was one play short of winning. But all the hits and injuries he's played through have taken a toll, and he really hasn't been the same since he left Tennessee. And last night, it was sad watching him get beat up, or caught from behind my younger more spry players. I hope I'm wrong about him, but given what I've seen over the past 2 seasons, I don't think so.

welcome to the non-flair, non link version of my blog.

4 comments:

BewRadley said...

I'm sad
I'm really sad man...I'm right here >< with you on those thoughts about Mcnair..

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janelle said...

I'm sorry you're without your tools today. But honestly you don't need them. So until you bribe you're IT person with a bottle of tequila, keep blogging, son! hahahahahahah

Anonymous said...

McNair is washed up, last night after he threw that INT, he walked off the field like he really didn't care.