Sunday, January 06, 2008

I'm in between watching football games today, and I thought I'd write a bit just to get something off my chest. During the course a football game, you are liable to see over 100 commercials for a variety of different products. But there is one commercial that I find to be highly creepy, and that is the one for Lipitor Lipitor is a cholesterol reducing drug, and it is supposed to significantly reduce the risk of heart attacks, and frankly I am all for that. In an effort to push their product, Lipitor got Dr. Robert Jarvik to appear in the commercials, which is fine since Dr. Jarvik invented the artificial heart. He is more than qualified to wax poetic on the issue. The problem here, is that Dr. Robert Jarvik is a creepy looking guy who looks just like child molester or perhaps a mass murderer. Every time I see the commercial, the brilliance of the man and the product he is pushing is lost, and all I can see is an imaginary thought balloon over his head saying, "hmm, who I am going to kill toNIGHT". I hope someone else has seen this commercial, so that everyone can see that I am not crazy for observing and writing about this. And even if I am, I am QUITE sure Dr. Jarvik has me beat.

Lapdance - N.E.R.D.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like you to know that I COMPLETELY agree with your assessment. This man is creepy...the greased back hair, very thin on top, with the back longer, the curls held in place with gel, the beady eyes, the smarmy tone of voice...I could go on and on. He wasn't bad looking as a young man. But now he's just creepy.

Anonymous said...

I thought he looked like the skeleton that introduces Tales from the Crypt - with skin.

Anonymous said...

i thought he was an attractive older man so it just goes to show you that we all have different tastes

and come on, who cares how he looks, he INVENTED the ARTIFICIAL heart!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH YOUR LIFE????