Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I would like to dedicate this morning's entry to the Crimson Tide. There are other names for the Tide both clinical and juvenile, but for the purposes of this laid back, yet classy blog, I'll continue to call it the Crimson Tide. If I can be perfectly frank (or Rashad, take your pick)I have a love/hate relationship with the Tide. There are times when I am very happy to see it arrive in a timely fashion, and there are other times when its arrival coincides a little too closely with Valentine's Day, and that makes me sad. There are times when all signs point to the Tide subsiding, only to find upon further review, that it is still here and very much alive. I would also like to thank the Tide for the drastic(and sometimes violent) moodswings that is causes. Often times I unknowingly walk into a Tide-provoked mood swing, and it makes me want to write the Tide a nasty note, for not warning me via text, email or something that it was indeed here to stay for a while. Conversely, there are times when I would like to personally send a thank you note to the Tide for giving life to some real and very primal urges, that I am able to benefit from. In fact on some nights, I want to include flowers and a teddy bear to go along with that thank you card. That's how good the pre and post Tide results are some times. And last, but certainly not least, the Crimson Tide rewards me in my later years, by completely vanishing from existence. The years of struggle, pain and even joy, are replaced by a sense of normalcy. Yes it can be sad and a bit uncomfortable for one party, but for the other, its like a sense of relief. The end.

I have no segue.

I will get out and vote in this so called Potomac Primary today and I must say its kind of exciting to live in this area and have a national vote actually matter. For once I can say I can't wait to come home and watch CNN to see how things are panning out.

Come Running To Me - Herbie Hancock

You may recognize the beat you hear at the 1:55 mark of the Herbie the from this Slum Village song.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

I hate to tell you this, my brother, but the absence of the Crimson Tide brings its own set of problems. There is no reprieve from the emotional tidal wave. You've been warned SON!!! hahahahaa

£ said...

so...we're not talking about the denzel flick?

but seriously son...you be surfin the crimson wave?

Jazzy said...

LOL!!!

Often times I unknowingly walk into a Tide-provoked mood swing, and it makes me want to write the Tide a nasty note, for not warning me via text, email or something that it was indeed here to stay for a while
Hilarious!!!

Jo said...

You just need to go ahead and learn how to fight the bloody battle . . .it can be rewarding in it's own way! LOL!

And yes . . . DC . . .with 75% of the vote! Go OBAMA!