Tuesday, February 26, 2008

If you haven't seen the movie There Will Be Blood, then you probably should turn away from the blog, because I am going to vaguely reference some points in the movie. If you have seen the movie, you know that Daniel Day-Lewis' character, Daniel Plainview had two sides to him. He had a charming side to him, that allowed him to accrue substantial wealth and power, and most people had no choice but to give him exactly what he wanted. But Mr. Plainview also had a mean, cold and heartless streak to him, that eventually contributed to his downfall..even in the last scene of the movie, he had this smirk on his face that to me said, I am resigned to being exactly who I am. That smirk is that same look I see on Hillary Clinton's face recently. She knows she's behind in the polls to Barack, and she knows that she has been beaten pretty soundly over the past few weeks, so she has basically put aside that nice charming side of her, and she's unleashed the dragon. When I see her on television, she is visibly angry when she attack Barack, which is a distinct switch the calm and collected woman she portrayed herself to be earlier in the race. It is in stark contrast to the cool demeanor that Barack constantly shows, and it just makes me wonder what voters are thinking when they see it. My lady and I noticed it instantly last night, and we both were like, "what the hell is wrong with her?". As Tim Russert commented last night, Hillary needs to pick a stance, and ride it on out from here until the end of the race, otherwise she will stay on this losing streak and lose the nomination.

I gotta be honest with you man, i am operating on about 3 hours sleep today, and I am slightly nervous about a doctor's appointment this morning, so my writing has no cohesiveness at all. Perhaps this afternoon I'll redeem myself.

Soliloquy of Chaos - Gangstarr

2 comments:

Jazzy said...

Hill has aged trumendously over the last couple weeks. I understand the anger though...who likes to be a loser right? And at this point...it is clear...she is going to lose.

Get some sleep! Good luck at the doctor's!

Jo said...

Dayum that Hillary . . . and for all of you who want a good article to read . . .http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/25/AR2008022502501.html?wpisrc=newsletter - it looks like the end is near for her . . . I wish people would leave Barack alone with their new smear campaign! Have you seen the pics? Shame on them!