Friday, February 01, 2008

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people refuse to answer questions. If I ask you a question, then just say yes or no, and then if there is an additional explanation to go with it, by all means say that too. I hear some people say that there is no yes or no answer, and to that I say bullshit. Every question has a yes or no answer, its the explanation behind it that gives you character and panache. When I ask my son did he do his homework, he says yes or no. If my boss asked me if I submitted the monthly report, I say yes(never no). If I ask my lady if she came, I get an emphatic yes, or a quiet no. And if I ask my boy if he did my taxes, he says yeah I did where's my money, or he says, not yet, get off my back. What's the common denominator here? There's a yes or no. There's no "maybe" or "what do you mean" or "I don't have to answer that question" or anything.

I mention this because of something I saw during last night's 4000th presidential debate. One of the moderators asked both Obama and Hillary the same question, which was if you did NOT win the Democratic nomination, would you consider each other for the vice-president position. Obama went first, and he gave this eloquent(read: bullshit) speech about how he respects Hillary, and it how it is his desire to choose the most qualified candidate who shares his vision, who will tell him no when he needs to be checked, and blah, blah blah. The same question was posed to Senator Clinton, and she proceeded to genuflect and do the exact same thing. 10 minutes went by, and there wasn't a yes or no to be found ANYWHERE. And then they wonder why common folk like myself, get worked up into such an apoplectic rage when listening to politicians talk. They can dazzle me with promises of change and all that jazz, but if you can't answer a simple question, then how am I supposed to trust you? Just say, hell yeah I want Hillary as a running mate, or say, "Are you crazy? I would never have black-ass lipped Obama as my running mate". You may anger some people with the response, but at least folks can know clearly where you stand. That's Allstate's stand.

Hollywood - Bilal

6 comments:

tia said...

i love this song! he performed it at the concert you were at for 5 minutes. he was like "i don't know how the hell y'all know this song" then proceeded to rip it.

Miss. Lady said...

Rashad, there is an outside answer to yes or no. Actually there are quite a few, like...

- none of your business
- I don't know let me get back to you on the that.
- I don't have a definitive answer and my personal favorite....

- That's personal. :)

Have a great weekend.

Jo said...

Basically what they meant to say was . . .HELL NO!

I missed . . .ughhh . . . the debate! Yeah, I realized it waaaay to late. I was at the gym gettin' my BUTT kicked by my trainer! Sucks!

Anyway . . .hope you can shed some insight on the debate. I watched the after debate synopsis, but it wasn't very helpful.

Janelle said...

Now you know neither one of them was going to answer that question because a)that would eliminate who they really had in mind for the VP position and the press would hound them with "you said you were going to choose Clinton/Obama. was that another campaign ploy?" and b)by admitting they would be open to the vice presidency seat would be to concede defeat in the presidential campaign. And it was quite evident that neither one of them is ready to admit to any defeat. They are gonna ride this til the wheels fall off...hahahahahhaa

maxwellsmusze said...

black-lipped?

you wrong for that one b!

HAHAHAHAHA!

£ said...

i like your vocab.