Thursday, February 21, 2008

With the exception of a birthday, there is no day more exciting in a child's life than Christmas morning. The child usually wakes up early in the morning, just thinking of all the toys he/she will have at their disposal. They start thinking of that special breakfast that their mother or father will cook for them, and in some cases, that child longs to watch the Christmas Day parade while they are opening gifts. Usually all that excitement dies down 2 to 3 hours later when all the gifts have been opened and thoroughly played with. Why do I mention this nearly two months after the Christmas holiday? Because waking up early and waiting for your lady to wake up, so you can have sex is the same type of deal.

I woke up about 5:45 this morning, and my lady was knocked out, and I didn't want to wake her, but clearly I was ready to roll. So in an effort to distract myself, I started thinking about my day, I started thinking about my lyrics to my upcoming cd, and I just patiently waited. Anytime she would twitch or move sleeping positions, my ears would perk up like Lassie, but it would turn out to be a false alarm. Around 6:15, I realized that it was time for me to get up, so I would either have to blatantly wake her up to get some action, or do the responsible thing, and just get up, get ready and just wait until later to go in..my decision was also helped out by the fact that I remembered she had a big day at work today, and she needed all the sleep should could get. But man I was a sight to see for 30 minutes or so. And now all day long I will be thinking all types of work inappropriate thoughts until the situation can be amended later. And yes I am fully aware that this entry toes the line between TMI and necessary info, but that's how it goes sometimes my friends.

An hour long conversation with my father last night, pretty much prevented me from writing about last night's Laker/Heat game, but I saw just enough of it to enjoy what I saw. Both teams played hard, both teams were balanced, and clearly there was a playoff atmosphere to the game. The Daddy was a step slow for three out of the four quarters, and then during the last stanza, he showed flashes of that dominance that allowed him to win four NBA titles. As he gets his wind back, he'll be even more dominant. But the night belonged to Kobe (41points) who played like he wanted to send a message to both his former teammate and the Suns in general. Its too bad they won't play again until the playoffs..it was quite an entertaining spectacle. And I wonder how many of you people actually took my suggestion and watched the game.

With A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker
aka The Wonder Years theme song

6 comments:

Jazzy said...

wow...you are so thoughtful. Impressive. Most men would have done SOMEthing to wake ole girl up. Even if that something involved accidentallyonpurpose pinching her.

Oh and I cracked the hell up @ the Christmas present analogy. Funny!

soft and subtle said...

I remember those days; thanks for the reminiscence. (gently smiling)

£ said...

upcoming CD? am i being daft and not getting your trademark sarcasm or do you have a cd coming out? lol

also good looks on you not waking her up. how sweet and thoughtful.

rashad said...

Lex,
I have no cd coming out. you were being daft

£ said...

ah. i figured i was, but i couldn't be sure.

Jo said...

Yeah RM . . .TMI . . . TMI . . .

Glad you had that talk, though . . .