Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Maybe I am being a bit closed minded, but I really don't think the concept of home schooling is a very wise path to take. Its easy for me to say that, because my parents always made sure they all the neighborhoods we lived in had excellent school, and later on in life my father told me that was always the driving decision behind where we would live. The one exception is when we lived in East Cleveland, Ohio, and even then I attended private schools. I wouldn't dare say that all the teachers were perfect, but between what my parents would teach me while I was home, and what the teachers would teach to me, I think I turned out ok, and well rounded. I wrote on the newspaper, I played sports, I interacted with mostly kids(mostly white, but still), and it was a great experience. Although none of this properly explains why I am so anti-social, but that's another blog entry. So I cannot imagine that home schooling can replace all these wonderful things, and I definitely don't see how that necessary balance can be achieved. I almost feel like its letting the bad to mediocre school systems off the hook. I could be totally off base with this, so I'd welcome some opinions from the other side.

I did my 3 mile run this morning, and it kicked my ass something terrible. This was my first run since before Thanksgiving, and it showed up somewhere between the second and third mile. My limbs started burning, my arms felt like they were underwater, and even the songs on my IPOD were started to sound like they were moving in slow motion, so I did the unthinkable and I started walking...and then about 30 seconds later, I saw a group of people running by me, and my ego kicked into high gear. Not only did I pass this running cult, but I kept on running until I got back to my building and basically passed out in the lobby. This was almost 90 minutes ago, and I am STILL a bit winded, and I am definitely going to feel this this afternoon AND tomorrow morning. But its a start right?

And I think I have found a new occupation to pursue. Yesterday on my way home, I saw an older black man handing out magazines. Now these weren't just your run-of-the-mill(whatever that means) magazines, but rather ones of the adult variety. He was walking down a main street in Washington DC calling out the names of the magazines(I would write them, but I'm at work), and I was amazed this guy was doing this with a straight face. I should have bought something from him, but I had no cash, but today I have made it my mission to purchase some magazines, so that I can "read" to my girl before she goes to sleep tonight. Speaking of adult behavior...

How is it that every year, a politician gets caught up in this kind of scandal? There are way more clever ways for a man to get a little trim on the side, but going to Washington DC and getting down with a call girl is simply not one of them. And while I am at it, playing footsies in a bathroom stall is not exactly an ideal way to get your rocks off either. So I will attempt to give these politicians, and anyone else who chooses to read, a way to get your jollies, without getting embarrassed in front of your wife, your peers, and the people who voted you in office. Take your ass to Brazil. Its cheaper, its in a different country, and the women are way more exotic than the New York call girls. Had you done that Mr. Spitzer you would have your job and possibly even more hair.

Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh*
Dear Mr. Spitzer,
It's with a heavy heart that I say, I hope your liaisons were worth the damage to your public image.

Standing in the need of prayer,

Bew Radley

Kawana Cohen-Hopkins said...

You know Eryka Badu home schools her kids. Hmmmmm, I think I have a problem with that cause she is wierd, talented but wierd. ANd what is it about tri State (NY/NJ/Conn) politicans. First McGrevey gives it to a dude (NJ0, the Corzine doesn't buckle his safety belt and almost dies on government travel (NJ), now Spitzer and the hoes?! And this dude was the Attorney General of NY. Conn is next. I predict it will be some lesbean something.

"Don't Let Your Happenings Destroy Your Happiness" JoJo (Runs House)

~kawana

Jo said...

What was all that jibber-jabber about homeschooling about . . .

No, we don't need more homeschooling, we need to improve our public schools . . .

And right on about Spitzer and Brazil. That's where he should have gone . . .he was probably just too afraid of the spread of HIV in that country . . .so, you can't blame him. Although I am not mad at him either . . .if I had to choose between diamond level 5 and his wife, I would choose diamond level 5, too. Can you blame him? I mean dang . . .look at the man . . .he looks like he needs to get his rocks off really, really BAD!

maxwellsmusze said...

i'll take these mini ramblings over a haiku any day.

tisk tisk tisk spitzer. there's no pr agent in the whole world that could get me to go up on stage and stand by my husband.

well maybe for the kobe special...