Sunday, April 20, 2008

Someone keeps stealing my inserts to my Sunday Washington Post, and it is starting to get under my skin a bit. The Post generally delivers the coupons, the comics and the other special Sunday features on Saturday, and the remainder of the paper on Sunday morning. For the past 3 Saturdays, I have been waking up and heading to the lobby, and I see that the other 4 people who get the Post delivered have taken their inserts, and there is one remaining; however, the inserts that are remaining are picked through and scattered all about the table in the lobby, and I can do nothing with that. I've asked the Washington Post to start labeling everything they send to me, but its clear they haven't gotten around to it yet. They told me if I call before 11am, I can have inserts redelivered free of charge, but that's not the point. The point is that is MY paper, and although I could probably read the Sunday paper online like I do the other 6 days of the week, I enjoy having the physical Sunday paper to read along with Washington Post magazine, coupons, comics, etc. That and reading the New York Times make me feel distinguished, and seeing how that feeling seems to be a fleeting one for me, I don't want any inserts bandits messing with that.

I overcame my nervousness, and met my lady's father and his wife, and it was all good. We ate an outdoor crab dinner by the water, talked about various things, and I had a great time. We then traveled to see my dad, and that too went smooth. I've mentioned this before, but its worth mentioning again. When you grow up with your parents, you just have this image in your mind that they will stay forever young, and honestly my father is a young 57 years old. But old age is creeping on him, and I see that every time I visit him these days, so when I leave I make it a point to hug him extra tight, kiss him, and tell him I love him. I noticed my lady did the same for her dad. These moments are not to be taken granted at all.

And for you bastards who know I love the Washington Wizards, I am well aware that they lost game one to Lebron and the Cleveland Cavaliers yesterday. May I remind you that this is is a marathon series, not a sprint.

Paisley Park - Prince

1 comment:

Miss Black River said...

I still believe in arranged marriages so meeting the family is essential. My folks can generally size up the potential by the time we hit the second course!