Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My neighbor clearly has not come home since Saturday afternoon. That bottle of wine is still sitting outside of her door, yet up until now I simply did not have the heart to take the bottle back and drink it defiantly. What kind of person moves in on a Saturday, and then stays away for a few days? I had an in-depth discussion about this with my lady, and we both decided that it would be wrong to take the wine back. But at least 8 times last night and again this morning, we looked outside the peephole to see if the wine was still outside her door, and indeed it was. I can honestly say that I won't continue to be generous like this, and if I come home today and the wine is there, I'm taking it back, bringing it back into my apartment, and I will give that wine the treatment it deserves. When my neighbor proves to me that she can be a consistent and present neighbor, then I will shower her with wine and welcome gifts. Until then, she gets nothing.

Speaking of my apartment, there is some part missing in my building's A/C unit, and the air won't be working for 2 weeks. 2 WEEKS! Nevermind that it was 85 degrees yesterday, and it will be 91 degrees this weekend, we are just supposed to suffer until they get their stuff together. I talked to people who are smarter than me in these matters and they basically said I'm stuck. I could go to court and open an escrow account, but by the time I do all that, the air will be back on. Ideally, I would like a discount on my rent but that ain't happening. I think a fair compromise is me buying a window A/C unit temporarily, showing the receipt to my rental office, and then subtracting that amount from my rent. I can't wait to own.

And to top off this cranky entry, I had to hear about a date my mother went on last night. I respect that my mother has needs and she deserves to be happy, but the thought of her dating simply disgusts me. She should have had a daughter if she wanted discussions like that with her children.

1 comment:

£ said...

This neighbor is indeed intriguing...hmm maybe he or she are undercover spies or something. ooohh!

No one should have to listen to stories about parents and dates. No one. I always like to imagine that my parents live the lives of ascetics - never indulging in fleshly delights. lol I'm sorry you had to suffer through that buddy.