Saturday, May 10, 2008

Some random Saturday morning thoughts..

Yesterday I sat here and wrote that this would be the first Mother's Day I spent without my mother in quite some time. Then, last night I read this blog entry from last night, and I realized that I wasn't with my mother last year either, and now I feel extra guilty. I'm going to have to book a flight to Greensboro, North Carolina sometime in the near future. This is just ridiculous.

Last year at this time I was still with ex, and I was working feverishly to convince anyone within earshot that I was happy. But in reality, I was miserable, I was cheating, and I was trying to make a long distance relationship work. I'd like to this time to apologize to my friends who had to listen to my numerous spin jobs about how happy I was.

I can't stand Sex and the City, and frankly I don't know any straight man that does. I had to watch the cast of the show on Oprah with my girl the other day (long story), and it just brought home how much I can't stand the show or the people in it. None of the women are attractive, they talk too damn much, and for the life of me I cannot figure out why women flock to this show in droves. Can you imagine how crazy it will be when the movie comes out at the end of the month? Only a Roe vs Wade rally could bring out that many women, but even that is a tame estimate, because gay and lesbian women won't feel left out at Sex and the City movie. And the really funny thing is, when you ask women to explain why they like the show, you can't get a straight answer. The male equivalent to Sex and the City, was this show called Dream On that came on in the early and mid 90s. It was a great show, and I tried to catch when I could, but it didnt generate anywhere near the press and hullaballo, that Sex and the City has..

that's all for now...

Rollercoaster - Everything But the Girl

No comments: