Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Tale of Two Foods.

Due to my cholesterol issues earlier this year, and my overall obsession with getting sexy and svelte for my trip to Miami next month, I have begun to eat a little healthier than I have in previous months. I have played around long enough, and its high time that I treat my body like the wonderland that it is. I usually would eat oatmeal for breakfast, because it is very good for your heart, and all that stuff, but when it is 80 degrees at 7am, oatmeal just isn't the way to go. So, last week I decided to invest in some Heart to Heart Cereal which is made by Kashii

I don't add any milk to this cereal, because that's just not my deal. I just pour some in a bowl, and eat it dry(pause). Now, the other day, I took a good look at cereal before I put it in my mouth, and I realized it looks just like dog or cat food. Don't get me wrong, it tastes terrific, its not too sweet, and it is way healthier than say, Frosted Flakes. But if I were to pour you a serving, let you eat a bit, and then say, "SURPRISE, its dog food", you would totally believe me then you would slay me. It has the same texture as pet food, the same look, and everything. But I keep eating it because I am now addicted just that quick. Plus if you look closely, they kind of look like Cheerios..except the hole is a bit smaller and tighter.

On the other side of the spectrum, we have this new product called Beneful which is made by Purina. Beneful is was made by folks who think it is important to make balanced and healthy meals even for dogs(Michael Vick clearly wasn't consulted). I don't know if it really works or not, but the dogs in the commercial look so damn happy, so something must be tickling their fancy. But if you take a closer look at this food, it looks way better than human food, and easily better than the Heart to Heart cereal I munch on every morning. I can see the meat and the gravy, and all that succulent stuff, and I can easily picture myself watching football, drinking wine, and enjoying a plate of Beneful with my lady on a Sunday night. It could happen.

So, I am going to conduct an experiment one day soon. I'll put a bowl of Heart to Heart cereal in front of a dog, and Beneful in front of someone who doesn't read this blog, and we shall we what happens. If I pull this off without getting attacked, it would be my biggest coup yet.

Grapevyne - Brownstone

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's not right...but those beneful commercials do get you...

also what's up with that sad ass sarah mclachlan commercial..i have to turn it immediately every time before i cry..

maxwellsmusze said...

that sarah mclachlan is THE saddest commercial ever! its the moaning disguised as singing.

i'm sorry but cat/dog food shouldn't get fancy names. cat food or dog food should be a sufficient name. end of story.

Anonymous said...

You really need some help man....YOu need to invest in a counselor.

£ said...

What is with you weirdos who don't add milk to your cereal?? And if you aren't going to add milk, why the bowl and spoon? Thats dirtying dishes for no reason. Just eat it out your palm like trail mix or something!

Oh my bad...i was having flashbacks. :/

Beneful certainly looks appetizing. I mean, i'd eat it if there was nothing else available. Don't judge me. But yo...if you do manage to get some unwitting sap to eat it(may i suggest your office mate? I'm bad i know.)and it works? you may just go down in history as the greatest blogger evAr.

asabi said...

you should try the Kashi Good Friends cereal. It's one of my favorites.