Thursday, July 10, 2008



Yesterday while I was walking to work, I saw the above woman walking in front of me, and I paused when I saw the green boots. My first instinct was to look at the rest of her outfit for hints of green, and I saw nothing. Then, since they were clearly rain boots, I looked for a green umbrella, and I didn't see that either. As a last ditch effort I looked for an Eagles, Celtics or even a Michigan State University emblem but I saw none of those either. So at this point, I break out my camera phone, because I know this is not a normal occurrence.

There are plenty of aspects of women's fashion that I am clueless about, but sometimes they can be explained to me in detail and I'm ok. Before I had a girlfriend, my friend Faye would break it down for me and sometimes it made sense, and most times it didn't. Since then, my lady has taken over Faye's job, but I am still as clueless as ever about women's fashion, which isn't always a good thing for a straight man. I expect women to know enough about sports so that I don't have to explain each and every damn thing while I am trying to watch. So I need to achieve that same(or close to it) level of mastery in the fashion world. I don't have it at this moment.

Even now, my lady has a pair of red polka dot boots that I didn't initially like, but they grew on me. Red is an ok color, that you can ultimately justify anything going with, I think. But the green that the woman had on above, is just totally off and it doesn't match at all. Furthermore, why can women get away with such clear (or maybe not) fashion errors, and dudes cannot. This is racist.

Amy Winehouse - Round Midnight

3 comments:

Kawana Cohen-Hopkins said...

Hmmm. This post was kinda ghey Rashad....

asabi said...

I have pink flowered rain boots. They dont "go" with anything but they are fab nonetheless. Think outside the box Rashad.

£ said...

Hmm. Well rashad, i must admit i do the same thing.

like the other day i was wearing a black dress and had on electric blue sandals. and it was hot. i mean sometimes you just need a splash of color. like the girl with the green wellies in said photo.