Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I have mixed feelings about the concept of flip flopping when it comes to my politicians, specifically presidential candidates. On one hand I feel like with that amount of power, it should not be difficult to make an educated guess based on the information that the people around you have found. If I had to speak in front of a group of millions of Americans two and three times a week, you bet your ass I am going to thorough, so I don't look like a fool.

But on the flip side, if I do make a decision or take a stance on a controversial issue, and I find that later on down the road, that situations have changed, I am not going to be stubborn. I would gather those same people around me, and impress upon them that we MAY need to regroup and rethink our original stance. Then, when I made my speech to the American people, I would say this is how I thought it was, this is how it is, and now changes will be made ASAP. That's not about flip flopping or being indecisive, its about making adjustments and being flexible. Coaches do it at halftimes of games all the time, and they are consider geniuses..why can't politicians and presidents be given that same opportunity?

I'm not even saying that Obama and McCain aren't flip flopping on certain things, because they may be doing just that. Still, they get the benefit of the doubt right now..once the one-on-one debates start, and people start playing close attention to their policies, then it will really be on...

By the way, the perfect song to play as you're walking, working out, or on your way into your place of employment is this one..at least for me it is. It makes me feel both invincible and diabolical, like a cartoon villain, and it also provokes a tad bit of confrontational behavior in me. These are all tools you need not only in life, but in the work place. You don't believe me? Then tell my why this man used to come out to the aforementioned song before he walked into his place of business?

No comments: