Friday, September 12, 2008

This morning while watching the Today show I was bombarded with coverage of Hurricane Ike. They were asking everyone in the Houston area and beyond to evacuate the city for in anticipation of the hurrican's arrival, as it is rumored to be packing a more catastrophic punch than Katrina did 3 years ago. These evacuation rumors seem to apply to everyone except camera crews and news reporters from the major networks.

Each and every time a hurricane comes to town, these people seem to put themselves right in the line of fire, just to bring YOU the viewer, the up to minute coverage on the latest hurricane. The winds are whipping, the rain is pouring, and in some cases, debris is flying around like this is the Wizard of Oz. Yet and still someone at that network has made the decision that is important that the American public see this. Katrina was enough for me to perfectly honest. I know all about the strength of a hurricane, and I don't need to see Anderson Cooper and his hair being blown around to confirm it.

The wheels are currently in motion for me to get an office change, and I cannot be happier. The office I am vying for is off in the corner, and although I would have to walk by everyone to get to it, it is way better than sharing an office with a lunatic. Hopefully next week at this time, I will be sitting there peacefully. I don't write about how annoying my officemate is anymore, but trust me, she's still up to her old antics. I am very tempted to take a picture of her numerous naps, and post it on my blog, but I know my boss(who now reads the blog) would probably scold me. I may sneak it in one day anyway.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait...she takes naps?

maxwellsmusze said...

hahahaha @ theradleyfiles! i am cracking up.

we don't believe you. EVIDENCE!!!

Janelle said...

ummmmm, the boss reads your larry david shenanigans??? Oh dear lorrrrd!!! hahahahaha

I always watch those storm reports like hellllllll nooooo I ain't going. Guess its a good thing I never wanted to be an anchorwoman. Remember that clip of Al Roker and somebody trying to hold him down during the storm??? PRICELESS. ahahahahahhaaa

Miss. Lady said...

I used to have a coworker that took a daily nap. She would snore so loud the cubicles would shake and rumble. The boss knew it but did nothing.

I would love to see pics of that though. LOL!

£ said...

how is your boss reading your blog???

maybe im just paranoid but i can't have my worlds colliding like that...no matter how cool me and "the man" are. lol

and corner office? mannnnn....

rashad said...

Lex,
my boss is mad cool. although if i get fired because of the blog, the jihad cometh

Papier Girl said...

i hate to be a debbie downer, but even after you are rid of your obnoxious officemate--you will still have annoying people who invade your office space...the loud laughers, stinky-food eaters, yellers, etc. But, I guess it IS better than having to share with crazy woman.