Friday, March 20, 2009

There has been no hot water in my building since around 7pm last night. I could not take my customary night shower, and I did not wash dishes, because dammit, my dishes deserve damn near scalding hot water as well. I did shower at the gym this morning, but since I am usually still sweating on my walk home from the gym, I needed another one once I got home and I couldn't do that. So I had to boil some water and wash my body like an 8 year old who inexplicably avoids showers. Let me tell you something, a hot shower makes you feel like you can conquer the world. Your soap has you smelling good, your genitals are free of the funk you've carried around, and any problems you may have had in your life are just magically gone. But when you have to just wash up without a stream of water beaming down on you, there's no freshness. There's no disappearance of problems. Instead, there's a scowl on your face , and anyone can catch a beatdown if they cross your wrong. No matter how much you wash up, lotion up and throw cologne on, you don't feel fresh at all, and you might even randomly start itching. That is me today. How's that for a pretty picture?

This reminds me of my brother when he was about 9 or 10. He would run the shower water, wet his face towel, then proceed to sit in the bathroom for a good 15 minutes doing nothing. Then he'd wrap the towel around himself, brush his teeth, put lotion on his bone dry, unsoaped, unshowered nasty ass body, and parade around the house and school like he was THE man. (I think I've told this story before). My father got wind of this, and made my brother stand at the end our driveway, facing the main street. He was ashy, he was dirty, and this sad look on his face. Meanwhile I was in the window laughing at him..although at some point I felt bad for him, and I told my dad I was going to get him, and my dad just walked upstairs without saying anything to me. From that point on (I think) my brother became a believer of showers. I don't mention this to slam my brother, but I mention this because now I know what he felt like as a youngster, and frankly, it ain't nothing nice.

Oh, and no trash talking about the NCAA tournament until after today's games are played. We have a long way to go.

One more thing..I think I want to start getting into drum and bass music, so if anyone can recommend about 10-15 standout drum and bass cds, that would be great.

Lick - Joi

6 comments:

Jamal said...

Its like that son?? Its on now

rashad said...

come on man, COME ON(c)MJ

Miss. Lady said...

ROFL! I can't stop laughing at this whole entry.

Anonymous said...

Man, you put Jamal on blast. I mean no lotion, no noxema on they ashy a--!

Papier Girl said...

i didn't have hot water in my building for a week--i showered a few times at work, washed up a little in the sink...but all in all, it's not so bad to not shower...keeps the skin from drying out.

Neil MacLean said...

check out Goldie - 'Timeless" - one of my all-time favorites.