Monday, April 27, 2009

There are a few things troubling me this morning...

1) It bothers me a great deal to see dog owners who wrap their dog's jaw closed. You see these dogs trotting along unable to properly show any emotion except for a tail wag and maybe an eyebrow. What kind of a life is that? It seems to me that if the owners went the extra mile to train and discipline the dog, no jaw wrapping would be necessary. That's lazy to me. These are the same people who put their kids on a leash, rather than explaining to the child, that failure to stay close to your parent's hand will result in a beat down of epic proportions.

2) This swine flu business scares me. So far I'm treating like seeing a woman breastfeed on the train. I wish it would go away, but I also want to watch and learn more. This morning at the pool I coughed because too much water was down my throat, and the two people there whipped their heads around to look at me. I felt the need to say, "Water got down my throat, I'm swine flu free!". They laughed, but still..I could see this being THE issue for a couple of months.

3) My Alma mater was in the news for something negative. Apparently a disgruntled former student shot himself and two other gruntled individuals. This all took place in the dormitory I resided in as a freshman 17 years ago. I'm wondering what the back story on this is...

Talib Kweli featuring Res - Too Late

5 comments:

£ said...

the whole swine flu thing is quite unnerving. all of a sudden out of nowhere - swine flu! everywhere. no warnings no nothing. I mean how long was this thing brewing? Anyway, preventive measures is the best plan of attack right now. hopefully people will observe the common courtesy of covering their mouths while coughing/sneezing and I am going to be on my Ps and Qs regarding handwashing and not touching my mucuous membranes while in public.

...and if worst comes to worst I am not above wearing a surgical mask. lol.

rashad said...

Lex,
If wearing a mask "works" for MJ, then it works for me too..

Jamal said...

I must admit this bird flu thing has me a little paranoid too.

Me said...

i saw a guy in a pick up truck w/ his very large dog crammed into one of those doggie kennel things and i felt my blood boiling. the dog was obviously too big for that little thing and then he's riding around in the back of a pick up truck being rocked from side to side so you know he was miserable. some people shouldn't be allowed to own pets or procreate.

Papier Girl said...

@ the swine flu business. Maybe MJ is onto something with those surgical masks. The numbers are growing here, and I'm thiking, no more Whole Foods salad bar, or any other communal-style foods until they cure this mess.