Saturday, May 16, 2009

I think I have made my feelings about smooth jazz (as opposed to traditional jazz) pretty clear on this blog. I can't stand it. I think its boring and without a vocalist it is pretty much useless, unless you own a department store, or the Weather Channel. But I am not stupid enough to not make exceptions from time to time, and I definitely did that with Wayman Tisdale Since I initially knew him as a basketball player, when he retired from the NBA, I followed his musical career pretty carefully. And although I had a serious problem with the music he choose to play, there was no doubt that he was talented, and I enjoyed watching him flex his chops so to speak. So in honor of his death at the premature age of 44, I thought I'd post my favorite song of his.

You - Wayman Tisdale featuring Brian McKnight

No comments: