Thursday, July 23, 2009

If you have followed this blog over the past several months, you have seen me reference the story of Brian, who is one of the PR guys for the Washington Wizards that I've gotten to know over the past year or so. Brian had been battling cancer, and he had yet another breakthrough yesterday. I won't spoil the surprise, but you can read all about it here. Between the story I watched on Black in America last night, and Brian's good news this morning, I feel pretty damn inspired, and I say that sans cynicism.

All that jive I talked yesterday about the Powerball, and I didn't even see what the winning numbers were. I could be sitting on a gold mine, but instead I'm sitting here at work typing an effing blog.

All week I've been inexplicably listening to the Manhattans. My parents used to play their records when I was young,and I always admired their harmony and melodies. So now I'm rediscovering them all over again..Enjoy..

And after the song, check out that handsome 9th grader's picture right below the video...so young..so innocent..so clueless.

No comments: