Monday, August 24, 2009

I am blogging this morning, not because I have a plethora of things to say and share, and not because I want to flex my writing chops, but mainly because I am in the midst of procrastinating. I have not been to work since August 14th, and as a result, there are 145 emails waiting for my attention, and that's simply too much. Not only am I not doing work, but I also failed to work out this morning. Since August 14th, I haven't gone to bed before 2am, and even when I wake up at 7am, I lay around and get up at my own pace with not a care in the world. So when my alarm went off at 5:30am this morning, I got up, put on my swim trunks, then took the swim trunks back off, and made a beeline for the bed. So, I haven't worked out or worked since before Brett Favre came back......since before Don Hewitt died..you get the point.

I would like to suggest three music:

1) Terence Blanchard - Choices
Cornel West is all over the cd and its a little annoying, but you can get past that. Bilal makes a few great appearances, and of course Mr Blanchard blesses us with his great trumpet wizardry.

2)Eric Roberson - Music Fan First

This one doesn't come out until tomorrow, but based on the snippets I've heard, its going to be great. For the past two weeks, Mr. Roberson has been posting 5 minute youtube videos to his website. He spends 4 minutes or so giving some background behind the song, and then he plays a one minute snippet. Its almost a video version of liner notes and its very cool. You can check it out here.

3) Robert Glasper - Double Booked

The one cd I neglected to include on my list was Ledisi's new cd, "Turn Me Loose". I've listened to it 5 times now, and it doesn't move me like her 3 releases. I won't slam her because she can still sing, and she doesn't disappoint in that way. But some of the arrangements are just ok, and I expected a little more.

No comments: