Sunday, December 06, 2009




My father bought the above book for me back in 1984. I was 9 years old, and it was the first "adult" book he had ever purchased for me. He wanted to introduce me to Kareem, and it worked because i read the book over and over..so much so that it looked like this...



I took the book to LA with me, and I told Kareem the story about it, and he laughed, told me my father should be proud, and signed the book. A more extensive story along with pictures about my experience/interview is coming at a later date, but I just wanted to share this:

1 comment:

Neil MacLean said...

Lookin forward to it. I also read that book when I was little, I still remember a part where he was being called names and he responded by calling someone a "milk bottle", if I remember correctly.