Monday, February 01, 2010

I fully expected to be smiling this morning, as I typed and recalled the dazzling events of a weekend spent with my son. However the massive snowstorm, the likes of which usually avoid the Hampton Roads area, and hit Washington DC, actually decided to foil my plans. My son was very disappointed because 1)He wasn't going to get a new phone 2)He wasn't getting new clothes 3)He wasn't going to the Wizards/Knicks game, and 4)He would not get to see me. And yes that is the proper order. Now, an additional snowstorm looms for Tuesday, and that could affect his class field trip. They'd have no problem getting from Hampton to DC, but going back could be pretty treacherous. I will not be a happy camper if this happens, as if I have been looking forward to this chaperoning gig for quite some time. Is it possible for me to blame Al Gore?

I did watch the Grammys last night, but I don't have an eloquent rundown. I resent the lack of attention played to both singing and showmanship, that past Grammy performers seemed to take such pride in showing. But I'm not going to slam the show completely, because I sat up there and watched the whole thing(some of it on mute) over the NFL Pro Bowl. I liked Maxwell, I liked Jeff Beck's tribute to Les Paul, I liked seeing Elton John, Roberta Flack and Stevie Nicks, and I'm now a new fan of the Zac Brown Band. I did NOT approve of that b.s. Michael Jackson tribute at all. As I told m'lady right afterwards, only Michael Jackson should be doing Michael Jackson tributes. Play his songs, run some photos of him and call it a day..

1 comment:

Jazzbrew said...

I'm with you regarding the tribute. It reminds me of someone recording an All-Star Luther Van Dross tribute album. It sucked. No one can sing those songs like Luther so why bother??