Friday, March 19, 2010

Last summer, I negotiated a work schedule, that would allow to be off every other Monday. I had my choice of Monday or Friday, and I felt like Monday would be better. Rarely have I been so tired on a Friday, that I cannot make it through the day..in fact often times the adrenaline of the weekend ahead, gets me through work no matter what my day looks like. Conversely, Mondays are hell, I drag, I'm cranky, and I clock watching like nobody's business. So what better reward is there than to have every one of those terrible days off.

But yesterday as I sat at work trying to "watch" the NCAA games by hitting refresh on the scoreboard page over and over, I had a change of heart. I was angry that all these wonderful games were going on without me. I was mad that when I went to lunch, dozens of eager men and women were drinking, watching the games, and just feeling festive, while I had to go back to the office. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. I asked my boss if I could switch my day off just this once, from Monday to Friday, and she said as long as my co-worker agreed (he takes my workload when I'm out) then I was golden. He agreed, then she agreed, and it was done.

So not only do I get to watch all the games from my lovely couch, but if I want to get out there and enjoy this fine spring weather, I can do that as well. So to all of you who have the day off as well, I hope to see around (assuming you live in DC of course) today. To those of you who have to work, give me your phone number, and I'll text you pictures of what I'm seeing, so you can feel even worse. That's what (blog) friends are for you know?

And I would like to spend a special, special shout out to the Department of Social Services in Virginia who decided to raise my monthly child support payments by $200 this morning. Your attempts to ruin my day of basketball almost succeeded.

And now, a song that will always remind me of warm spring weather:

2 comments:

Jazzbrew said...

Man that song took me back bruh. Enjoy your Friday and yes... I'm one of those CHUMPS sitting in the office pissed off.

Refresh...
Refresh...
Refresh...

Sab D said...

One of their bangiest cuts!!!!

"it was FUNK ... it made me wanna GET-GET down, and we knew almost at once it was a BRAND NEW FUNK"

Yessir!