Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First off, I'd like to thank my main man and former colleague at Hoops Addict, Ryan for staying classy, and leaving a comment on my blog yesterday. I appreciate that. I would also like to thank you Ryan for making me completely paranoid yesterday. Allow me to explain.

I would like to think that I live a double (writing) life. On one hand, we have the basketball writer who focuses on the Washington Wizards, but is just a fan of professional basketball period (I lose more interest in the college game the older I get). I have friends and followers who have been paying attention to my basketball articles for 3 years or so, and I like it that they know little about me, except my opinions on the game. I'm sure if I became more famous and more exposed that would change, but for now that serves me just fine.

The other Rashad is the one that appears on a daily basis in this blog (I am SO sorry for dropping the third person). That side is bold, more candid, mean at times, and just completely careless. Although in my defense, I will say that I have toned it down just a bit since I've been a serious relationship, but still..the writing I do here is not like the writing I do in the basketball world. I may pepper some basketball discussions in this blog every now and then, but its most a semi-reckless free-for-all and that side keeps me "sane". In fact, when I first started writing for Hoops Addict, Ryan told me to be mindful of what I wrote in this blog, and I agreed with him 100%. The street are always watching and you just never knew who may read these things and start judging(shout out to the guy who lives in my building, who I suspect got a glimpse of my blog last week. Please keep reading, I have good and bad days).
So yesterday, in an effort to publicly thank me for my 2+ years of service at Hoops Addict, Ryan went on twitter, thanked me, and wished me luck. No harm done there right? But right after this thank you message, he included a link to the entry I wrote yesterday.

Now, what I wrote yesterday was totally harmless, but that's not what I'm worried about. I'm worried about that person who will read yesterday's entry, get intrigued about what I else I have to say, and the start reading other entries I've written. I'm fearful they may roll on up on this entry about a handjob and an Asian woman or this entry about me breaking my hand or perhaps this entry about the wonderful things our nation has done with KY jelly. These are sides of me that I'm not necessarily sure I want out for all to see, but once things go up on twitter you never know. Although one would argue that once I put this blog on the Internet, I was fair game to any and everybody.

Still, I'm paranoid now..not paranoid enough to stop of course..just paranoid enough to write an entry on it today and then get over it tomorrow. Or perhaps (and most likely this is the case) I am overthinking things as usual, and I need to get over myself.

I'll Never Turn My Back On You (Father's Words) - Terence Trent D'Arby

No comments: