Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I had a stifling case of writer's block yesterday, and it had me completely flummoxed. Usually I can tell how well of a writing day its going to be, by how easily a blog entry comes to me and yesterday I felt good. Then my editor asked me to write an article about this article and I just froze up completely. You wouldn't think that such a simple task would cause a problem, but it did. For 4 hours, while I was at work, I started that article about 6 or 7 times, and each time it felt forced and unorganized. Finally, I told my editor that my writing powers had failed me, and I'd have to pass on the assignment, and he was understanding. But that has never happened to me before...never. I thought of another article I can write, and I plan to get started on that today, but I'm still embarrassed about what happened yesterday..but I've talked to two different people who write for a living, and they told me it happens, and it will happen again. I can't wait.

I had a dream last night that Michael Jackson was alive and giving a private concert in the woods by my old house in Potomac, Maryland. There were about 50 people in attendance, and during my dream he sang Stranger in Moscow and then he sang "Wanna Be Startin Something". After he finished the last song, he took his shirt off, yelled at the top of his lungs, and then told the crowd that his official US tour was scheduled to start in December, and I believed him. I swear the dream was so real and vivid, and I woke up feeling sad. I guess this is related to his birthday coming up..I wanted to hear more though..

And finally, in something that means nothing to anyone except me, I'm growing my beard back and flecks of gray are appearing all over the damn place. My innocence is gone...

The End of the Innocence - Don Henley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL I dont whether to comment on writers block or MJ.....*stuck*