Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First off, please take some time to read this article by my main man (and colleague) Kyle. The Washington Wizards are looking for a new public address announcer, and they had tryouts last night. Kyle attended, and wrote an entertaining write up..

Secondly, I watched Nadal defeat Djokovic last night in the US Open Tennis final, and I was thoroughly entertained. There were two men at the top of their game going back and giving their all. Just as impressive as their athletic feats, was the fact that I was able to switch back and forth between that and the Monday Night Football game, with just a simple click of the remote (slightly annoying my fiancee o course)..but I digress. The best part about that tennis match, was not having to watch the smug Roger Federer win yet another title. I appreciate his talent and the effortlessness (is that even a word?) with which he performs, but he's just a smug bastard, who was his initials embroidered into his towels, his warm up suits, his hats, etc.. Only one man can get away with that kind of thing, and that's this guy and his logo. In contrast, Rafael Nadal is humble, he's initial/logo free, and he's damn good.

I realize only 3 of the 6 people who read my blog are sports fans, so this entry probably annoys you, but deal with it. Last weekend was one of the best sports weekends of the year, and I couldn't not speak on it..I mean come on, I ditched a party, a festival and an out-of-town friend to get all that sports watching in...

The video you will see below came on last night before I went to bed, and it reminded me of my freshman year at the The Hampton University. There was a Burger King on campus, and inside of that Burger King were two tv's that played videos all day long. My main man Sabin and I used to spent countless hours watching videos and eating unhealthy (but cheap) fast food. When that Mary J video came on we would watch carefully...especially at the 55 second mark..the 1:04 mark too.

1 comment:

Sab D said...

Still my favorite Mary J joint!!!!! Burger King ain't the same no more. You can't even get that $1 whopper jr with your football ticket - smh.