Wednesday, September 01, 2010

My lady has been working later hours recently, which means that most of the cooking burden will now fall on me. I've been able to avoid it this week, because of my sickness, but now that I'm back at work (still sick, but playing hurt) it is high time that I start meeting the challenge. As it stands right now, I have some solid dishes in my cooking repertoire:

Salmon (with broccoli or asparagus)
baked chicken breasts (with spinach)
dirty rice
tilapia (With spinach and maybe rice)
turkey burgers (made with A-1, bbq sauce and a secret ingredient)

Now this may look putrid and boring to you, but you'd be surprised how much mileage I've gotten out of this the past 2 years or so..plus it helped that I only cooked a few times a month. But now that I'm transitioning from part-time to full-time cook, my limited repertoire will be exposed, which means I need to expand. I'm sure I can scour the Internet for cooking recipes, and I know I have some friends who can throw down in the kitchen as well, but it would be much easier if I could get everyone to send me some good dishes and post them in the comments section..please

So I ask..no beg of you, to contribute any fun, tasty and quick recipes for me to try. Actually you can submit your long, drawn-out recipes as well, because I can tackle those on the weekend. I do have some limitations though:

1)I don't eat beef or pork
2)I hate snow peas, brussel sprouts and non-cooked onions
3)I don't eat fried foods

Please help me out here, I'd greatly appreciate it..both my lady and I thank you. Now if you excuse me, I must go back to trying to give all of my co-workers this wonderful cold that was given to me.

By the way, why can't the President give a major address without the aid of a speechwriter? I certainly understand that some speeches have to nailed in one take, and any "umms", "uhhs" or extended pauses could lessen the strength of the message..i get all that. But some people (like me) would appreciate a little deviation from the script. He's an intelligent man, I'm sure he had some mental bullet points laid out before the speechwriter got a hold of things, why not just speak your mind. What's the worst that can happen? You're the f**king President you're going to get criticized and praised before and after the speech anyway, why not go down with your own words, as opposed to the ghostwriter? I'm sure someone smarter than me has the right answer, but still...

2 comments:

tia said...

when it gets cooler you can make turkey meatloaf. get the lipton onion soup mix and follow the recipe for their meatloaf on the back. with tilapia or chicken you can make soft tacos with black beans and fresh salsa (or you can cheat and get the corn & black bean salsa from trader joes...YUM). also, if you you like chicken breast you can make it on top of the stove. i usually cut it up in chunks, season it, brown it in a little oil, then add a bit of water and let it simmer covered until done. you can throw in a bag of frozen veggies on top once it's browned and it'll all be done at the same time.

woo i typed a lot but only bc i actually cooked last night.

Raydiance said...

Check my blog...there are several recipes there...