Thursday, October 21, 2010

I went to bed around 12:30 or so, I woke up at 3:15, then went back to sleep and woke up a little around 7am, so to say that I am feeling sleepy is a huge understatement. And when I am feeling like this, what is the best remedy? You guessed it, a Venti Soy Chai Latte from the Starbucks (this story excites me by the way)

So I step into the Starbucks at 8:55, and the line is long as all get out. There are at least 10 people in front of me in line, and 15 more waiting for their specialty drinks to be completed. I made the executive decision to stay in line, even though I know damn well, that I will be tardy for work. An on-time sleepy Rashad is not better than a tardy, on-his-way-to-waking up Rashad. I pressed on in the line for 20 minutes, got my drink, and headed out of the door..or at least I tried to.

As I am approaching the exit, I realize that the line has snaked around in such a way, so that there are a few people blocking my way. Four out of the six people move out of the way, but these two women refused to move. I say refused, because they looked at me twice, saw the sliver of an opening behind them, and decided that was all I needed to get by. Unfortunately, the only person who could have fit through that little space these two women left me is her.

I said excuse me hoping I could get by, and one of the women looked at me, then looked at the space behind her and said, "That's plenty of room". I said ok, I walked forward, my bag hit her in the side, she said ouch, and then the following mini-confrontation happened..and mind you there was still a long line (I'd say roughly 12 people were in front of her)

Her: Excuse you assh**e, the word is excuse me
Me: I said excuse me, you didn't move, I'm late for work, something had to give
Her: Still, you don't run into people with your bag, what are you 12? I'm waiting for coffee here like everyone else
Me: Yes dear, but everyone else in line moved out of the way except you, and you looked at me numerous times without moving, so--
Her (interrupting me): There was plenty of f**king room dude

So at this point I put my bag down by the door (not blocking the exit), I said excuse me, and walked back past the woman, then I said excuse me again, and walked past the woman towards the exit, and put my bag back on my shoulder. The woman fell out laughing, as did everyone else in line (which kind of irritated me, I'm not here to entertain Starbucks clientele). Before I walked out...

Me: You were still in the way, but I shouldn't have bumped you, I'm sorry
Her: Its cool, I'm sorry too
Me (extending my hand): Are we cool?
Her (extending her hand): We are cool

And then I withdrew my hand and said, "Yeah right" and walked out. I didn't hear what she said or if more people laughed.

Yes I am 12 years old. I was a 12 year old, 20 minutes late for work, but wide awake mfer.

No comments: