Friday, November 12, 2010

First off, I'd like to send a shout out to my main man JazzBrew, who recently tried some Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap. He now understands the power, the greatness, the tingling..so if you're out there and you've yet to try it, I highly suggest you do. I've abandoned the Peppermint Soap as of late, because it dries my skin out in the colder months. But I think I go back to Dr. Bronner's, and get some Rum and Cake for the skin dryness.

I finally saw the movie The Town yesterday afternoon and it was great. Ben Affleck actually decided to show folks that he can indeed act, as well as direct, so that was a treat. It took me awhile to wrap my head around Jon Hamm being anyone but Don Draper from Mad Men, but eventually I did. I didn't like the ending too much, but I won't spoil just in case there is someone out there who is waiting even longer than I did to see it.

On my way back from the movie, I'd say around 5:30 or so, I walked past a basketball court. Now mind you, it was getting dark, and the temperature was definitely dropping at that point, so it wasn't ideal basketball weather. Still,there was this homeless guy who looked to be around 55-60, on the court with a shopping cart full of clothes, bags, and who knows what else. He had on a long, dirty overcoat, pants, tattered shoes, and something that resembled a hat on his head. In his right hand, he had a cup of something (I won't assume it was liquor, but the face he made after he took one last sip would suggest that it was) and in his left hand he had a basketball.

I watched this guy take 3 shots from the free throw line with one hand (the other hand was clutching the liquor), and he hit them all--without even glancing the rim. He would make a shot, walk over to get his rebound (without dropping the cup), reset at the free throw line, hit another shot, etc. This may not sound like a big deal to you, but shooting with one hand, while holding something else, in hot ass clothes, while drinking, being homeless and fighting middle age, is pretty goddamned impressive to me. Not only that, I've seen this guy play at a basketball court close to my house, and he has game. His lateral movement isn't great, and his defense is suspect, but he can shoot all day long..basically he's Reggie Miller

I was about to record this homeless guy on the court, but my lady told me not to, so blame her for the lack of footage.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Ah man, you and Awesomely Luvvie and taping people. Did you see her post today of the lady falling asleep every which way on the bus? It was priceless.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Jazzbrew said...

Man that soap is the TRUTH... and you gotta wonder what that homeless cat's story is. Maybe he was a college player with hopes of joining the NBA but didn't make it... life took a downward spiral from there. I think I watch too many made for tv movies.

Speaking of movies... I think I'll go see "The Town" tonight.

skucha said...

Epic - thx :)