Wednesday, December 22, 2010

If someone is in the way (aka blocking the doorway) and I say excuse me twice, and they barely move an inch because their conversation is apparently too interesting and compelling for them to move, do I reserve the right to brush up against them with my shoulder and laptop bag to get where I need to be? Because that's exactly what I just did, and I got cursed at and called all types of wonderful names as a result. I'm really really trying to be a better person here in November and December, but clearly I'm not trying hard enough..I took my ipod headphones off, said excuse me twice, and she looked back at me, determined I had enough room, and kept right on talking. My hands were tied man, I had to bump her..tastefully of course.

Anyway.. today, after a two and a half week hiatus, I get back in the swing of things in terms of writing about basketball, and I am a bit nervous. I have barely paid attention to sports since the day before I left for my wedding, and that was intentional. I wasn't burned out, I just had bigger and better things to focus on and I'm sure no one can blame me for that; however, getting back into the swing of things has been a difficult process. Usually I'm checking out at least 30 basketball sites a day, and I am all over twitter trying to stay informed about the Washington Wizards and the NBA in general. I've done none of that recently, but it resumes today, and I sincerely hope that its like riding a bike, because between today and tomorrow, I have to cover a game and write at least three articles. I'm sure I'll do fine, but the nerves are there regardless.

Someone asked me yesterday why I haven't blogged details about my wedding and honeymoon, and I asked them were they serious, and they said they were. So..I'm barely confident about keeping and maintaining this blog as a married man, but I am supremely confident that I'm not divulging any details about the wedding and the honeymoon. I put two pictures up and that's enough. The rest is reserved for when and if you people come to my house..at that point, my wife and I will feed you, make you drink wine with us, bore you with dazzling, detailed stories about our bless-ed event, and then shove millions of pictures down your throat like nobody's business. And then you'll leave our house feeling like you were there, and all will be well..at least that is how I have planned it out in my head. But no details via the blog.

Gravel Pit - Wu-Tang Clan
This whole song is good, but if you're not a Wu fan or if you're just lazy and don't feel like listening to the whole song, just fast-forward to Ghostface's verse, which is just effin awesome. Its not just what he says, its how he says it and it starts at the 1:56 mark:

No comments: