Sunday, January 23, 2011

The movie came out in 1976, and I have been hearing about since 1990, but yesterday morning in 2011, I finally saw All The President's Men, and I was completely blown away. Of course the movie is based on the 1974 book by legendary Washington Post writers, Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein by the same title, and it details their exhaustive research on the Watergate scandal.

Not only was the movie a study on how I need to be a better journalist/writer in terms of working harder to get quotes and sources, but it made me realize how much times have changed as well. Woodward and Bernstein had to use payphones, typewriters, library sign out sheets, actual sources, etc. There was little to no instant gratification, it was all about pushing through and working hard until that story was well-sourced and well-written. I could rant on and on but I won't. Just see the movie if you can, and then read the book, like I'm about to do. And then after that I can finally get motivated to watch Frost/Nixon

You know what else I found out yesterday? Prohibition Porter is a great beer. I had it last night, and it made me smile.

Loran's Dance - Grover Washington

I know this song is smooth jazz, and I know I've slammed that genre of music in favor of real, classic jazz, but this song is a sample of one of my favorite Tribe Called Quest songs, so forgive me. Here's s Tribe song:

Push It Along - A Tribe Called Quest

No comments: