Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I saw and read a lot of hate and resentment about Valentine's Day yesterday, in terms of it being a manufactured holiday, it should celebrated everyday, blah blah blah. I'll admit its really not that big of a deal, but it can be an excuse to plan something fun with your mate (I sound like I'm doing a show on Lifetime right now). The wife and I went bowling for two hours at Lucky Strike (while enjoying wine and sports on the big screen), we exchanged gifts (this was my favorite gift), then I got a hotel across the street from her job so she sleep in, and we drank copious amounts champange(shoutout to the hotel staff who gave us free bottle). It was nothing fancy, just simple, understated and pressure-free. There's nothing wrong with that.

By the way, while I was in Lucky Strike, I went to the restroom to wash my hands, and I waved my hands in front of the sensor on the paper towel dispenser, and out came the towel. And I don't know if it was the wine or what, but for one second, I felt like I using The Force. You may find it routine, but I still find it fascinating that I can wave my hand in front of a sensor, and towels pop up..now if I could only parlay that into actual Force usage, I'd be unstoppable.

I probably shouldn't release all my inner thoughts to the world all the time.

4 comments:

Jamal said...

You really need to seek help..That last paragraph worries me.

rashad said...

Worry, you should not.

Jazzbrew said...

Valentine's Day and loved be damned... who won at bowling?

rashad said...

jazzbrew,
we played four games, i lost three. and yes i suck.