Monday, May 23, 2011

My mother raised me not to judge my fellow man and woman, and for the most part I've done a good job following that rule. But I am finding that as I get older, I judge and I judge hard--which is fine because I'm at that age when I can dish it as well as I can take it...I think.

That being said, I have a huge problem with grown ass men who wear suits or nice business attire, and then ruin it by wearing sneakers. I'm assuming if they are wearing sneakers, then that means their dress shoes are either at work or in the satchel they are carrying around. Either way, this is just bad business all the way around. This guy on the train was in a full suit, and he had on some running shoe with white socks, and he looked like a damn fool (although I must admit he looked pretty comfortable..but he was sitting down). Women can do this because they wear heels, and I've seen firsthand (because of my wife, not because I've worn them) how much heels (or just women's shoes in general) can wreak havoc on their feet. This is why women appreciate (and marry) you when offer to rub up on their feet..their shoes kick their asses all day long.

But guys have no excuse. They make all kinds of comfortable shoes for guys, you just have to do a bit of research. Or if you're too lazy to do research, just man up if your feet hurt, because it is NOT aesthetically pleasing (to me at least) to see good work clothes ruined by poor shoe selection. There was only one man who could get away with that look, and that was the late, great Mr. Fred Rogers. Other than that, it shouldn't be happening. And yes I realize I've written about this before, but I don't care.

And finally I'd like to give a shout out one of the women who lives in my building. Our AC went out last night (just like it did several times last summer), and last night the wife and I were copied on the email she sent to the landlord/property manager. I didn't write this, but man I wish I had. It is concise, to the point, and it has a touch of rudeness to it..

Bill -


It is now Summer 2011 and we seem to be right back where we were 1 year ago.


AC is out.


Please find a permanent solution to this mess because (speaking for myself), I will NOT tolerate a summer of no-AC like I did last year.


Thank you,


No comments: