Wednesday, February 22, 2012

So young Nyles is officially two months old today, which meant today was his doctor's appointment. The doctor wants him to take a precautionary visit to the Ear Nose and Throat doctor, and he got four vaccinations (three via the needle), but he powered through, and aside from a two-minute stint of insanely loud crying he's fine. I'm not totally comfortable with the idea of vaccinations and needles in my child, but given that he's going to daycare in less than a month, I'd be a damn fool not to acquiesce.

The best part about visiting the pediatrician's office is watching the parents. Some parents look overprotective, others look absolutely bewildered, and then you have the competitive parent(I don't think the wife thinks this way) like me. I was looking at every child, toddler, infant in that damn waiting room, and comparing them (like a fool) to Nyles. Mind you, I have no business comparing a two month old to a one-year old (or older), but I was doing it anyway. I just want to make sure my child measures up, but I should be listening to the doctor (which I did) and not my horribly untrained eye. But I did it anyway.

That's all for now. Happy two months little buddy.

1 comment:

Jazzbrew said...

Look good Nyles! Happy two months. Henry sends his regards.