Friday, March 09, 2012

Have you ever had something bad or challenging happen to you early in the day, and your knee jerk reaction is to mentally make a list of 5-10 destructive things to do to help you forget about that early challenge? But then you take a look at your driver's license and realize that you're three years short of 40, and that type of immaturity is unacceptable?

Well I have.

Nyles didn't sleep, he threw up and was seemingly gasping for air this morning (that's not the challenge I'm speaking of). Mommy and Daddy got no sleep, and snapped at each other at various points in the evening and morning(totally her fault--and no, that STILL isn't the challenge I'm speaking of). We had an appointment with the Ear, Nose and Throat doctor at 8am, we got there at 7:50 (per their instructions), we waited until 8:30, received a two minute consultation from the doctor's assistant, then waited 20 minutes for the doctor to stick a probe/camera down Nyles' throat (which took 5 minutes at best), then we waited another 15 minutes for the doctor's assistant to give us a prescription (HERE is the aforementioned challenge). I wanted to take whip my genitals out and smack everyone on sight with them repeatedly.

Why does the doctor's office ask you to arrive early, and then make you wait for them for up to 45 minutes? Why do they ask the same questions the doctor's assistant asked you, which are the same questions on the form you initally filled out, which are the same questions you answered just two weeks ago when you went through this exact same process? I swear I wanted to drink an adult beverage, skip work, take my anger out on co-workers, etc. Instead, I walked to work, talked to my mother, listened to the song you see below, and now all is well. Thank God for plan B.

No comments: