Wednesday, April 01, 2020

It was increasingly looking like 2020 would be the year that this 14-year blog finally came to an inauspicious end. I figured no one wanted to hear about my parent/marriage/job woes and I wasn't even writing about the Washington Wizards anymore, so I was fairly certain I was all tapped out. My life was still exciting and fulfilling, I just felt it was no longer blogworthy.

Even three weeks into this coronavirus pandemic (it doesn't deserve to be capitalized right now, despite its ample power), I had little desire to put a series of subjects and predicates together for public or private viewing. My nights have been spent watching old boxing matches on YouTube, some shows on Netflix, drinking and doing lesson plans for my son's second grade class. My days are spent working, listening to my wife work, listening to my son's class via Zoom and trying to intermittently teach him some convoluted lesson. I have not had made time to think about writing let alone try to put some words on paper (or the screen as it were). I'm too busy trying to determine whether a sniffle here, a sneeze there and the onset of allergies is going to lead me down a c-word (not the one with four letters)path.

But today, while the wife naps and my son watches the 564th episode of Ninjago, I decided to say a few words. I have personal projects that involve writing that I really need to get a move on, and usually when I am writing in this blog early and often, it bodes well for my other writing projects.

We'll see how this goes, but it feels good to be back.

No comments: