Friday, January 07, 2011

You may be thinking to yourself, damn Rashad doesn't write in this blog as much as he used to, and you'd be correct. Or you may be thinking damn, even though Rashad doesn't write as much as he used to, he still posts some semi-interesting links every now and then, and again you'd be right (I hope). Or you could really not give good goddamn about what I do, and that would be fine too.

Today I am posting yet another link, because my main man Kurt Elling has a new cd coming out in a month, and its called, "The Gate". I know I say this every few months, but if you don't know who he is, I highly suggest you buy one of his cds and you'll be pleasantly surprised and if you're not, I'll reimburse you. And if you are a J Dilla fan, you should definitely pick up this new Kurt Elling cd when it comes out, because Kurt covers the Herbie Hancock song, "Come Running To Me", which Dilla sampled in Slum Village's, "Get Dis Money". I hope I didn't confuse anyone here...

First here's a Kurt Elling song called, "My One and Only Love"


Then here's the Herbie Hancock song, "Come Running To Me" (the Slum Village sample starts at the 1:50 mark):


And now here's the Slum Village song, "Get Dis Money"


Oh and please root for the Eagles this weekend. I want to see an Eagles/Steelers Super Bowl. One QB is a borderline sex offender, the other is a dog killer, and the media will have to spend two weeks trying to spin that into a positive. What's better than that?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

LMAO at your Superbowl comment.

Peace, Love and Chocolate
Tiffany

Unknown said...

Aren't you the media??

rashad said...

OAT,
I cover the NBA, not the NFL, so in this case, no.

Anonymous said...

LOL@ your QB comment. I too want to see the Eagles & Steelers in the SB.