Saturday, April 05, 2008

There are certain unwritten rules that have to be followed in the barbershop at all times. I don't know how I know this, I don't know who told me, and I don't know why I have never violated any of them, I just know that they exist. One of the rules is that you don't correct the barber, without doing it in a joking way. Whether they use incorrect English, or get a sports score wrong, or mispronounce a politicians name, the patrons of the store have to tread lightly when correcting them. Again, those are the rules.

But today, there was a customer who violated that rule in the worst way. One of the barbers pretty much butchered a sentence, but I was going to let it slide, because I knew the point he was trying to make. But this other guy in the shop, started correcting my barber like he was a child and it was VERY uncomfortable. The normally jovial barbershop got real quiet for about a minute or so, and the guy who corrected the barber, never realized the error of his ways. I felt bad for the barber, because no one wants to be made to feel like that in their own place of business. And you ESPECIALLY don't do that to someone who is cutting your hair. That's just asking to be skinned alive and left for dead..

Trying To Get Over You - Today
This has nothing to do with the blog entry. But it took me 3 years to track down the cd where this song came from, and I can't tell you how happy I am. My boy Sabin used to play this cd for me back in college, and one day 3 years ago, I made it my business to find it, and I did. These are the minor victories that get one going.

No comments: